That’s right! You can easily make a pineapple upside down cake in air fryer. It also provides a healthier option.
This Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two is our family favorite cake. This cake has serving of 2 peoples.
Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two is perfect for a sweet snack while enjoying Netflix. If you and your partner are carving a sweet delight in midnight, you must try this Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two.
All you need is some basic ingredients and air fryer to make this mouthwatering delight. It’s a quick and easy recipe. Enjoy the delightful flavors of caramelized pineapple and moist cake in just the right amount for two people to savor.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Perfect Portion Control: This Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for Two is its emphasis on providing the perfect portion size. You won’t be left with excess leftovers, making it an ideal choice for those seeking a satisfying treat without an abundance of extra servings.
- Efficiency in Preparation: The recipe uses the power of the air fryer, for a quicker and more efficient dessert experience. You can indulge in the sweet goodness of Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two without spending excessive time in the kitchen.
- Caramelized Pineapple Magic: The air fryer’s intense heat ensures a flawless caramelization of the pineapple topping, creating a rich and decadent flavor profile.
- Versatility in Serving Options: This recipe allows for versatile serving options. Whether you’re planning a cozy date night or a quiet evening at home, you can customize the experience by pairing the cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or simply savoring it on its own.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE AIR FRYER PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE FOR TWO
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- Unsalted Butter (1/4 cup): You will need ¼ cup rich, creamy butter that provides the base for a luscious caramel when combined with brown sugar, adding a decadent touch to the pineapple topping.
- Brown Sugar (1/4 cup, packed): You will need ¼ cup Packed brown sugar which contributes to the creation of a sweet and gooey caramel layer.
- Pineapple Slices (4 slices): You will need 4 slices of fresh or canned, pineapple slices form the iconic topping.
- All-Purpose Flour (1/2 cup): You will need ½ cup all-purpose flour, provides structure and stability to the batter.
- Granulated Sugar: You will need ¼ cup granulated sugar to sweeten the cake batter, balancing the flavors.
- Baking Powder: You will need ½ tsp Baking powder acts as the leavening agent, contributing to the cake’s rise and creating a light and fluffy texture.
- Salt: You will need A pinch of salt enhances the overall flavor profile.
- Large Egg: You will need one egg to bind the ingredients together, contributing to the cake’s structure and providing moisture for a tender crumb.
- Milk: You will need 3 table spoons milk to add moisture to the batter, ensuring a soft and velvety texture in the finished cake.
- Vanilla Extract: You will need ½ tsp Vanilla extract imparts a warm and aromatic flavor, elevating the overall taste of the Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE FOR TWO: STEP BY STEP
Step 1: Prepare the Caramel Base
- In a small saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over low heat until fully liquid.
- Add the packed brown sugar to the melted butter, stirring continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved. This creates a rich, gooey caramel mixture.
- Once combined, remove the saucepan from heat and pour the caramel into the bottom of an air fryer-safe pan, ensuring an even coating.
Step 2: Arrange the Pineapple Topping
- Place four pineapple slices on top of the caramel layer in the pan. Ensure they are evenly spaced and cover the entire bottom surface. The pineapple will become beautifully caramelized during the air frying process.
Step 3: Prepare the Cake Batter
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined. This forms the dry ingredients for the cake.
- Add one large egg to the dry ingredients, followed by the milk and vanilla extract. Mix the batter until it is smooth and free of lumps, creating a velvety texture.
Step 4: Combine and Bake
- Pour the prepared cake batter over the arranged pineapple slices in the pan. Ensure an even distribution to guarantee uniform baking.
- Preheat your air fryer to 325°F (163°C). Once preheated, place the pan with the pineapple upside down cake into the air fryer.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The air fryer’s efficiency ensures a quick and even bake. Your Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two is ready to serve.
Preheat your air fryer to 325°F (163°C) before placing the cake inside for baking. This moderate temperature ensures a thorough and even bake, resulting in a perfectly caramelized Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two.
If you don’t have an air fryer, fear not! This recipe is versatile enough to be adapted for other cooking methods.
- Oven: Preheat your conventional oven to the same temperature, 325°F (163°C). Follow the same instructions for preparing the caramel base, arranging the pineapple topping, and creating the cake batter. Instead of placing the pan in the air fryer, transfer it to the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Microwave: Prepare the caramel, pineapple topping, and cake batter as directed. Divide the batter into microwave-safe ramekins or mugs, ensuring they are only half-filled. Microwave each individual serving for 1-2 minutes or until the cake is set in the center.
- Grill: Prepare the cake as directed, and instead of using an air fryer or oven, place the pan on a preheated grill at medium heat. Cover the grill and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two is cooked through.
- Before removing the cake from the air fryer or oven, perform the toothpick test.
- Allow the cake to cool in the air fryer or on the counter for a few minutes before attempting to invert it onto a plate.
- While pineapple is a classic choice, don’t hesitate to experiment with different fruit combinations.
- Whether using an air fryer, oven, microwave, or grill, adapt the recipe to the equipment you have available. Ensure that the temperature is accurate and monitor the cooking time accordingly.
STORAGE AND REHEATING
Store any leftover Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Reheat individual slices in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Powdered Sugar Sprinkle: Elevate the presentation and add a touch of sweetness by dusting the finished cake with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Spice Infusion with Cinnamon or Nutmeg: Introduce a layer of warmth and depth to your cake by incorporating a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg into the dry ingredients of the batter.
- Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream: Enhance the indulgence by serving your Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two with a side of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Experiment with Nuts: For added texture and a nutty flavor, consider incorporating chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts into the cake batter.
HOW TO SERVE
- For a personalized touch, cut the cake into individual portions and plate each serving separately.
- Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for two is delightful when served slightly warm, allowing the caramelized pineapple and moist cake to create a comforting contrast.
- However, you can also refrigerate any leftovers and enjoy the cake chilled for a refreshing twist.
- Add a touch of freshness and visual appeal by garnishing each slice with a sprinkle of fresh mint leaves.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?
Yes, absolutely! Fresh pineapple can be used in this recipe. Ensure the pineapple slices are thinly cut for even cooking and caramelization.
Can I double the recipe for a larger crowd?
Certainly! Adjust the quantities accordingly, and use a larger air fryer-safe pan or opt for a traditional oven to accommodate a larger serving size.
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
If an air fryer is not available, you can still enjoy this recipe by using a conventional oven. Follow the same instructions, adjusting the temperature to 325°F (163°C) and monitoring the baking time accordingly.
Can I use a different type of sugar in the recipe?
Yes, you can experiment with different sugars for varied flavor profiles. Keep in mind that using alternative sugars may affect the texture slightly, so be open to subtle changes.
How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan during inversion?
Allow the cake to cool in the air fryer or on the counter for a few minutes before attempting to invert it onto a plate. This brief cooling period helps the caramelized topping set, ensuring a clean release without sticking.
What fruits can I use besides pineapple?
While pineapple is traditional, feel free to get creative! Cherries, peaches, or a combination of fruits can be used to personalize your upside-down cake. Ensure the fruits are suitable for caramelization and adjust the quantity accordingly.
Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake for Two
- Air Fryer
- Mixing bowl
- SMALL SAUCE PAN
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the Caramel Base:In a small saucepan, place the unsalted butter over low heat and let it melt completely. Add the packed brown sugar to the melted butter, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves, creating a rich caramel mixture. Once fully combined, remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the caramel evenly into the bottom of an air fryer-safe pan. Ensure the entire base is coated.
- Arrange the Pineapple Topping: Place the four pineapple slices on top of the caramel layer in the pan. Aim for an even distribution, creating an aesthetically pleasing arrangement.
- Prepare the Cake Batter: Whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Ensure a homogeneous mixture. Add the large egg, milk, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix the batter thoroughly until it becomes smooth and free of lumps.
- Combine and Bake: Carefully pour the prepared cake batter over the arranged pineapple slices in the pan, ensuring an even spread to cover the entire surface. Preheat your air fryer to 325°F (163°C). Once preheated, place the pan in the air fryer and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The air fryer's efficiency ensures even cooking.
- Perform a toothpick test to check for doneness. The toothpick should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached, indicating a perfectly baked cake.
- Allow the cake to cool in the air fryer for a few minutes before inverting it onto a plate. This ensures a clean release and prevents the caramel from sticking to the pan.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 3g