This 3 Ingredient Oreo Dessert without Cream Cheese is a perfect treat for Oreo lovers that will surely fulfill your sweet carvings!
That feeling will give you pleasure when everyone is shocked when you make this perfect dessert. This Oreo dessert can be made just using three ingredients that are oreo cookies, whipped topping, and a pack of instant pudding mix.
For some people, oreo is an ordinary cookie, but creative baking minds can change it into many favorite desserts. This 3 Ingredient Oreo Dessert without Cream Cheese is one of them that can be served on a special occasion.
If you want this 3 Ingredient Oreo Dessert without Cream Cheese to become your favorite, just take some minutes from your busy life and try making this amazing dessert.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Effortless Preparation: With just three simple ingredients and minimal steps, this heavenly Oreo dessert is a breeze to whip up. There’s no need for complicated techniques or hard-to-find ingredients.
- Irresistible Flavor: The combination of Oreos and creamy whipped topping creates a delicious dessert that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Versatility: 3 Ingredient Oreo Dessert without Cream Cheese is incredibly easy dessert and versatile. You can customize it with different flavors of Oreos or add extra toppings like chocolate sauce or sprinkles to suit your taste.
- Crowd Pleaser: Whether you’re serving it at a dinner party or bringing it to a shared lunch, this Oreo dessert is guaranteed to be a hit with guests of all ages.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE 3 INGREDIENT OREO DESSERT WITHOUT CREAM CHEESE
INGREDIENT LIST YOU WILL NEED
- 1 package of Oreos (regular or flavored)
- Oreos serve as the base and main flavor component of this simple dessert. You can use regular Oreos for a classic flavor or experiment with flavored varieties for a twist.
2. Frozen Whipped Topping (such as Cool Whip):
- 1 container of frozen heavy whipping cream, thawed
- The whipped topping adds a creamy and airy texture to the dessert without the need for cream cheese. Make sure it’s fully thawed before using it to ensure a smooth consistency.
3. Instant Pudding Mix (Chocolate or Vanilla):
- 1 package of instant pudding mix
- Choose either chocolate or vanilla instant pudding mixture to enhance the flavor and add sweetness to the dessert. Instant pudding mix also helps to thicken and get the stiff peaks in the mixture and contribute to the creamy texture.
HOW TO MAKE 3 INGREDIENT OREO DESSERT WITHOUT CREAM CHEESE: STEP BY STEP
Step 1: Crush Oreos
Begin by crushing the Oreos into fine crumbs. You can do this by using a good food processor or by placing the Oreos in a sealed Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. Aim for a consistency similar to breadcrumbs.
Step 2: Combine Oreo with Whipped Topping
In a large mixing bowl, add the thawed frozen whipped topping to the bowl with the crushed Oreos. Use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the whipped topping into the crushed Oreos until well combined. Ensure that the mixture is smooth and evenly mixed, with no streaks of whipped topping remaining.
Step 3: Incorporate Instant Pudding Mix:
Sprinkle the instant pudding mix (chocolate or vanilla) over the Oreo and whipped topping mixture. Fold the pudding mix into the mixture until fully incorporated. The pudding mix will help thicken the mixture and contribute to its creamy texture.
Step 4: Form the Balls
Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper. Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, scoop out small portions of the mixture and roll them into 1-inch balls, each about 1 inch in diameter.
Place the formed balls onto the prepared baking sheet or tray, ensuring they are evenly spaced apart.
You can also transfer the mixture into a serving dish or individual serving cups. Use a spatula to spread the mixture out evenly, creating a smooth surface.
Step 5: Refrigerate
Once all the balls are formed, place the baking sheet or tray in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes. Chilling will help the balls firm up and hold their shape. This step is crucial for achieving the perfect texture and consistency. Once chilled, the Oreo balls are ready to be served. You can enjoy them immediately or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later
Step 5: Serve
Once chilled, remove the dessert from the refrigerator and serve it cold. Scoop into individual bowls or cups, and if desired, garnish with additional toppings such as chocolate shavings, Oreo crumbs, or fresh berries. Enjoy your delightful 3 Ingredient Oreo Dessert Without Cream Cheese!
- Don’t hesitate to experiment with different flavors of Oreos and instant pudding mix to customize the dessert to your preferences.
- Ensure that the frozen whipped topping is fully thawed before incorporating it into the recipe.
- Refrigerate the dessert for the recommended time (at least 30 minutes) before serving to allow it to set properly. This chilling time ensures that the flavors meld together and the dessert achieves the perfect creamy consistency.
- Whether you’re serving the dessert in individual cups or a larger dish, consider adding decorative touches such as chocolate drizzles or fresh fruit garnishes.
- If this is your first time making this delicious recipe or experimenting with certain flavors, don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- Finally, take a moment to celebrate your success once the dessert is complete.
Storage & Reheating:
Store any leftovers of the 3 Ingredient Oreo Dessert without Cream Cheese in an airtight container in the refrigerator
This dessert is intended to be served chilled, so there’s no need to reheat it before enjoying it. However, if you prefer a slightly softened texture, you can let individual portions sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving. Avoid reheating in the microwave or oven, as this can cause the dessert to become too soft or lose its creamy consistency.
- Oreo Balls: For an extra indulgent twist, add crushed Oreo balls to the dessert mixture before refrigerating.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Take your dessert to the next level by drizzling chocolate sauce over the chilled dessert just before serving.
- Fresh Berries: Add a pop of color and freshness to the dessert by garnishing it with fresh berries such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
- Whipped Cream: For an extra creamy and indulgent treat, top each serving of the dessert with a dollop of whipped cream just before serving. You can use store-bought whipped cream or make your own by whipping heavy cream with a little powdered sugar.
- Crushed Candy Bars: Add a crunchy and flavorful element to the dessert by sprinkling crushed candy bars over the top just before serving. Choose your favorite candy bars such as Snickers, Kit Kat, or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Whipped Topping: If you prefer not to use frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), you can substitute it with homemade whipped cream.
- Instant Pudding Mix: While chocolate or vanilla instant pudding mix is recommended for this simple recipe, you can substitute it with other flavors to change the flavor profile of the dessert.
- Oreos: While Oreos are the star ingredient of this favorite dessert, you can substitute them with other similar sandwich cookies if desired. Look for cookies with a similar chocolaty flavor and creamy filling to achieve comparable best results.
HOW TO SERVE
- This Oreo dessert recipe is best served chilled, straight from the refrigerator.
- Get creative with your presentation by serving the dessert in fun and unique ways.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use homemade whipped cream instead of frozen whipped topping?
While you can use homemade whipped cream, frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip) provides a stable texture that works well in this recipe. If using homemade whipped cream, ensure it is whipped to stiff peaks for best results.
Can I make this dessert in advance?
Yes, you can prepare this dessert a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. In fact, allowing it to chill overnight can enhance the flavors and texture.
Can I use sugar-free or low-fat ingredients?
Yes, you can use sugar-free or low-fat versions of the ingredients, but keep in mind that it may alter the texture and flavor slightly. Experiment with different options to find the combination that suits your taste preferences.
Can I use a different type of cookie instead of Oreos?
Yes, you can substitute any similar sandwich cookie for the Oreos in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the dessert may vary depending on the type of cookie used.
How long does the dessert need to chill before serving?
It’s recommended to refrigerate the dessert for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow it to set properly. However, for best results, chill the dessert for an hour or more to ensure a firm and creamy texture.
Can I freeze the dessert for later use?
While you can technically freeze the dessert, it’s not recommended as freezing may affect the texture and consistency of the whipped topping and Oreos. It’s best to enjoy the dessert fresh from the refrigerator for optimal taste and texture.
3 Ingredient Oreo Dessert without Cream Cheese
- Mixing bowl
- Serving dish or individual cups
- 1 pack Oreos
- 1 container frozen whipped topping
- 1 pack instant pudding mix
- Crush the Oreos:Place the Oreos(filling and all!) in a large resealable plastic bag, press out excess air, and seal tightly. Using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet, crush the Oreos into fine crumbs. Alternatively, you can use a food processor to pulse the Oreos until finely ground, being careful not to over-process.
- Mix Ingredients:In a large mixing bowl, combine the crushed Oreos, thawed frozen whipped topping. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently fold the ingredients together until well combined. Now add instant pudding mix to the mixture and gently combine everything together. Ensure that the mixture is evenly mixed and there are no dry pockets of pudding mix remaining.
- Transfer to Serving Dish:Spoon the Oreo mixture into a serving dish or individual cups, distributing it evenly. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to smooth the top of the dessert, creating an even surface.
- Refrigerate:Cover the serving dish or individual cups with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate the dessert for at least 30 minutes, or until firm. Chilling the dessert allows it to set and enhances the flavor
- Serve:Once chilled, remove the dessert from the refrigerator and serve cold. Garnish with additional crushed Oreos, chocolate shavings, or a dollop of whipped cream if desired. Enjoy your delicious 3 Ingredient Oreo Dessert Without Cream Cheese!
- Experiment with different flavors of Oreos or instant pudding mix to customize the dessert to your taste preferences.
- For an extra indulgent touch, add chopped Oreo balls or a chocolate drizzle on top before refrigerating.
- Ensure the whipped topping is fully thawed before using to achieve a smooth and creamy texture.
- Calories: 250kcal
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 2g