This Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless) is a very quick and effortless recipe. It is a perfect single serving delight who have incredibly soft, tender, fluffy texture that will amaze your taste buds.
This is one of my favorite desserts because of its irrestible flavor and convenience. This recipe can be prepared in minutes by using an air fryer.
Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless) is also known as queen of all of the cakes just because of its bright red color and its velvety texture.
You can also make this Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless) on the special events like Valentine’s Day for your partner to express your love.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Speedy Sweetness: Whether you have a busy life or just craving a quick dessert fix, this recipe is the pleasure for you. In just a few steps, you’ll have a warm, delightful mug cake ready to enjoy.
- No Eggs, No Worries: For those who prefer eggless options, this mug cake retains all the moist goodness without the need for eggs. It’s a straightforward solution for anyone with dietary restrictions.
- Less Mess, More Enjoyment: This recipe minimizes the mess and maximizes the joy. Its preparation is not like the complicated and time taking baking procedures like other cakes. A few basic ingredients, a mug, and your air fryer – that’s all you need for a delightful Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless).
- Customizable Delight: This recipe is highly customizable. You can add your favorite toppings, experiment with different colors or flavors, and make each mug cake uniquely yours.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THIS AIR FRYER RED VELVET MUG CAKE (EGGLESS)
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- All-Purpose Flour: You will need 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour which is the base of our mug cake, providing structure and a fluffy texture.
- Cocoa Powder: You will need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder that adds rich chocolate flavor to elevate the red velvet experience.
- Baking Powder: You will need ¼ tsp of baking powder. It’s a leavening agent that helps the cake rise, ensuring a light and airy texture.
- Granulated Sugar: You will need 3 tbsp of sugar that sweetens the cake to perfection without overwhelming the cocoa and vanilla notes.
- Salt: You will need 1/8 tsp of salt to balance the sweetness.
- Milk: You will need 3 tbsp of milk to add moisture to the cake, contributing to its soft and tender crumb.
- Vegetable Oil: You will need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil that provides richness and ensures a moist texture without the need for butter.
- Vanilla Extract: You will need ¼ tsp of vanilla extract to enhance the overall flavor with a hint of warmth and sweetness.
- Red Food Coloring: You will need ¼ tsp of red food color which creates the classic red velvet hue, making the cake visually appealing.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER RED VELVET MUG CAKE (EGGLESS): STEP BY STEP
Step 1: Mix Dry Ingredients
In a bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Ensure an even distribution for a balanced flavor.
Step 2: Add Wet Ingredients
To the dry mix, add 3 tablespoons of milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon of red food coloring. Stir the ingredients until they are well combined, forming a smooth batter.
Step 3: Pour into Mug
Transfer the batter into a microwave-safe mug. This will be your vessel for baking the delightful red velvet mug cake.
Step 4: Preheat Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (180°C). This ensures an even and efficient cooking process.
Step 5: Cook in Air Fryer
Place the mug with the batter into the preheated air fryer. Cook for 12-15 minutes, depending on your air fryer model. Keep an eye on it to avoid overcooking.
Step 6: Check for Doneness
After the recommended time, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs (but not wet batter), your mug cake is done.
Step 7: Let it Cool
Allow the Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless) to cool for a few minutes before indulging. This ensures a safer temperature and lets the flavors settle.
For this Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless), start by preheating your air fryer to a cozy 350°F (180°C). The warm air circulating inside the fryer will ensure an even bake for our delightful treat. However, if you find yourself without an air fryer, worry not! You can easily adapt this recipe for different appliances.
- FOR OVEN: In the oven, preheat it to the same temperature – 350°F (180°C). Use an oven-safe mug or ramekin, pop it in, and let it bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until that toothpick comes out clean, signaling the perfect level of doneness.
- FOR MICROWAVE: Should you be more inclined towards the microwave, follow the mixing instructions and opt for a microwave-safe mug. Microwave on high for 1.5 to 2.5 minutes, keeping an eye on it to make sure it rises and sets in the middle.
- FOR GRILL: For those who like to embrace the great outdoors, take the adventure to the grill. Utilize an oven-safe dish or a cast-iron skillet, preheat the grill to 350°F (180°C), and place your creation on the indirect heat side. Close the lid and let it cook for 15-18 minutes, or until that toothpick gives you the green light.
- Make sure to thoroughly mix the dry and wet ingredients to avoid any lumps.
- Air fryers can differ, so if you’re using a different model or brand, be mindful of the cooking time.
- Allow your mug cake to cool for a few minutes before diving in.
- If opting for the microwave, keep an eye on the rising Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless).
STORAGE AND REHEATING
Store any leftovers of Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless) in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
To reheat, pop it back in the air fryer for a few minutes or microwave for a quick warm-up.
Whipped Cream: Transform your red velvet mug cake into a fluffy cloud of joy by topping it with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
Chocolate Chips: Elevate your chocolate experience by sprinkling a handful of chocolate chips on top of the batter before baking.
Ice Cream: Take it up a notch by serving your warm mug cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The combination of the warm cake and the cold ice cream is a match made in dessert heaven.
Chocolate or Cream Cheese Icing: For a touch of elegance, drizzles your mug cake with a simple icing.
HOW TO SERVE
- Serve the Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless) as is, letting its rich flavor shine.
- Amp up the elegance by crowning your mug cake with a generous swirl of whipped cream.
- Enjoy your mug cake with a steaming cup of coffee or a comforting mug of tea.
- Keep it classic by serving your Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake (Eggless) with a cold glass of milk.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use a different type of food coloring, or is it necessary?
Absolutely! The food coloring is primarily for the classic red velvet look. Feel free to experiment with different colors or skip it altogether for a delicious chocolate mug cake.
Can I substitute the milk with a non-dairy alternative?
Yes, you can! If you prefer a non-dairy option, such as almond milk or soy milk, feel free to substitute it in the same quantity. The result will still be a moist and flavorful mug cake.
What should I do if my cake turns out too dry?
Adjusting the cooking time is key. Air fryer models may vary, so if your cake seems dry, reduce the cooking time slightly during your next attempt. Keep an eye on it, and use the toothpick test for the perfect texture.
Can I bake this in a regular oven if I don’t have an air fryer?
Absolutely! Follow the same mixing instructions, then bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for approximately 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Is it normal for the cake to rise and then fall a bit after cooking?
Yes, it’s normal for mug cakes to rise during cooking and then settle a bit as they cool. This won’t affect the taste or texture and is part of the charm of mug cake baking.
Can I make this ahead of time and reheat it?
Yes, you can! Store any leftover mug cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. Reheat it by placing it back in the air fryer for a few minutes or using the microwave for a quick warm-up.
Air Fryer Red Velvet Mug Cake
- Air Fryer
- MICROWAVE SAFE MUG
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring
- Step 1: Mix Dry Ingredients Combine 4 tbsp all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 3 tbsp granulated sugar, and 1/8 tsp salt in a bowl. Ensure a lump-free mixture.
- Step 2: Add Wet Ingredients To the dry mix, add 3 tbsp milk, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/4 tsp red food coloring. Stir until well combined, creating a smooth batter.
- Step 3: Pour into Mug Transfer the batter into a microwave-safe mug, filling it halfway to allow for rising during baking.
- Step 4: Preheat Air Fryer Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (180°C) for an optimal baking environment.
- Step 5: Cook in Air Fryer Place the mug in the air fryer and cook for 12-15 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick – it should come out with a few moist crumbs.
- Step 6: Check for Doneness After cooking, perform the toothpick test. Adjust the time if needed and let the cake cool for a few minutes before indulging.
- Ensure thorough mixing for a uniform texture.
- Adjust air fryer cooking time based on your model.
- Allow the mug cake to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 18g