Air Fryer Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls is a perfect snack prepared in minutes. These sausage rolls offer a comforting and savory bite. Their easy preparation makes them an inviting option for busy weekends, events, or an impressive treat.
From casual snack moments to a family gathering these are perfect Air Fryer Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls that combine easy instructions and only four ingredients.
Imagine the golden and crispy texture of a puff pastry made without the use of excessive oil, by using the magical air fryer.
These puff pastry sausage rolls make the perfect party snack or appetizer, destined to become a household favorite when made in the air fryer. These sausage rolls offer customization options—you can include fillings of your choice, such as chicken, ground beef, and more
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Quick and Effortless: Making this easy recipe is ideal for both experienced chefs and beginners. It is prepared in a few minutes with an air fryer ensuring a crispy exterior.
- Customizable Fillings: It is a customizable recipe. You can experiment with many fillings like chicken, beef, or even vegetarian options for a personalized touch.
- Crispy Perfection: The air fryer guarantees a beautiful golden brown crust without excessive oil, resulting in a lighter and healthier option without compromising on taste.
- Unique Presentation: These air fryer puff pastry sausage rolls not only deliver on taste but also present beautifully. The golden-brown, flaky pastry with its neatly sealed edges and the savory filling peeking through promises a visual treat that’s as delightful as the taste itself.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE AIR FRYER PUFF PASTRY SAUSAGE ROLLS
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- Puff Pastry Sheets: You will need I pack of flaky and buttery pastry sheets that form the golden exterior of the sausage rolls.
- Sausage Meat or Sausage Links: You will need 10 ounces of sausage meat that serves as the flavorful filling for the rolls.
- Egg: You will need 1 beaten egg used for brushing the rolls, creating a golden and glossy finish.
- Sesame Seeds
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PUFF PASTRY SAUSAGE ROLLS: STEP BY STEP
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
Take the puff pastry out of the fridge to thaw as per package instructions. Preheat your air fryer to the 200 °C
Step 2: Roll and Fill
Add egg to a small bowl. Pierce them with a fork and whisk.
Lay out the thawed puff pastry sheet. Remove the casing from the sausages. Place the sausage on the puff pastry and roll pastry around sausage and roll it up. Now seal the edges with the egg.
Step 3: Egg Wash and Cook
Brush the rolls with beaten egg for a golden finish. Now sprinkle them with sesame seeds and any other seasoning you want like salt, pepper, herbs.
Cut into small sausage rolls.
Arrange the rolls in the air fryer basket leaving some space between each of them.
Cook in the air fryer for about 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
Once golden and crispy, remove the rolls from the air fryer. Let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy the warm Air Fryer Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls with your favorite dipping.
Before cooking the sausage rolls, preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for approximately 5 minutes. This ensures the air fryer is sufficiently hot for optimal cooking.
Once preheated, place the prepared sausage rolls in the air fryer basket, leaving space between them for even cooking. Cook the rolls at 400°F (200°C) for about 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
The Air Fryer Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls should turn golden brown and become crispy on the outside. Ensure the internal temperature of the sausage reaches a safe minimum of 160°F (71°C) to guarantee they are thoroughly cooked.
- Ensure the puff pastry is properly thawed but it should be still cold to easily handle it.
- Do not overfill the sausage rolls to prevent spilling while air frying.
- Seal the edges of the pastry rolls tightly to prevent the filling from leaking out.
- To achieve a lovely golden brown color brush the top of the puff pastry with the egg.
- If you have a smaller Air Fryer you can work in batches
STORAGE AND REHEATING
- Store any leftover sausage rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes until heated through.
Sweet-Savory Fusion: For a sweet-savory combination add a touch of sweetness to the filling. Mix in a spoonful of caramelized onions or a dollop of apricot jam into the filling.
Spice Blend: If you are a spice lover, a dash of paprika, cayenne pepper, or a spicy chili sauce into the sausage meat for a kick of heat.
Cheese Variation: You can add a layer of cheese along with sausage filling for extra flavor. You can sprinkle cheese on top of the filling before folding; it gives a gooey richness to Air Fryer Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls.
HOW TO SERVE
- Arrange these air fryer puff pastry sausage rolls on a platter as an impressive appetizer for gatherings
- You can serve these sausage rolls as a portable snack for picnics, road trips, or a day out
- Serve these rolls as a delightful addition to a brunch, and pair them with a fresh salad or seasonal fruits to balance the richness of the sausage rolls.
- Serve these sausage rolls at a family dinner as a side dish or appetizer.
If you are looking for more quick and easy snack recipes go check out Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza Rolls
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I freeze these sausage rolls before cooking?
Yes, you can freeze assembled but uncooked sausage rolls. Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze until solid. Once frozen, transfer them to a sealed container or freezer bag for up to a month. When ready to cook, place them directly in the preheated air fryer and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
What other fillings can I use besides sausage meat?
You can experiment with various fillings such as chicken, beef, or even vegetarian options like a mix of sautéed vegetables, cheese, or tofu. Ensure the fillings are well-cooked and seasoned before wrapping them in the puff pastry.
Can I make these ahead of time and reheat them later?
Absolutely! These sausage rolls can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer at a slightly lower temperature for a few minutes until warmed through and crispy again.
How do I prevent the pastry from becoming soggy in the air fryer?
To prevent sogginess, ensure the sausage filling is not too moist. Pat the sausage meat dry before placing it onto the pastry. Additionally, avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket, allowing proper airflow for even cooking and crispiness.
What dipping sauces pair best with these sausage rolls?
Classic condiments like mustard, ketchup, or a sweet chili sauce complement the flavors of these sausage rolls perfectly. Experiment with different sauces based on your taste preferences, such as a tangy BBQ sauce or a creamy aioli.
Can I use store-bought puff pastry or should I make it from scratch?
Store-bought puff pastry works perfectly well for this recipe and saves time. However, if you prefer making puff pastry from scratch, feel free to do so. Homemade puff pastry can add a personal touch and allow for more control over the ingredients used.
Air Fryer Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 pack Puff pastry sheets
- 10 oz Sausage meat or sausage links
- 1 Egg
- 3 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp each Seasonings (salt, pepper, herbs, etc., as desired) optional
- Step 1: Prepare IngredientsThaw puff pastry according to package instructions. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Step 2: Whisk EggsAdd egg to a small bowl. Pierce them with a fork and whisk.
- Step 3: Fill and RollLay out the thawed puff pastry sheet. Remove casing from the sausages. Place the susage on the puff pastry and roll pastry around sausage and roll it up. Now seal the edges with the egg.
- Step 4: Brush with Egg Brush with beaten egg. Now sprinkle sesame seeds or any other spice or herbs of your choice.
- Step 5: Air FryArrange the rolls in the air fryer basket, ensuring space between them for even cooking.Air fry at 400°F (200°C) for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through until golden and crispy.
- Step4: Serve and EnjoyOnce done, carefully remove the rolls from the air fryer and allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
In conclusion, these sausage rolls are a tasty snack that’s easy to make. They’re like a yummy surprise in every bite. Whether it’s for a party or just a snack, they fit right in. You can try different fillings and make them your own. They’re crispy on the outside and full of flavor inside. Cooking them in an air fryer makes them quick and delicious. You can even freeze them for later. Remember, they’re great for sharing with friends or enjoying all by yourself. So, give these rolls a try and enjoy the homemade goodness!