Elevate your kitchen experience with these Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers with the irresistible flavors of zesty lemon and aromatic pepper. It’s a convenient recipe with no compromise on taste. If you are looking for a perfect lemon pepper chicken in air fryer, this is the right place for you.
Fast, easy, and simple recipes made in an air fryer will delight your taste buds. You know, those yummy bites of chicken on sticks are full of flavors.
The best part about these air fryer lemon pepper chicken skewers is that you don’t need to be a cooking pro for this. This recipe is effortless and fun to make the recipe.
Lemon pepper chicken skewers are made in air fryer which means less oil and provides a healthier option too. This recipe is perfect for dinner or even as a snack. Let’s get cooking and enjoy these zesty, peppery chicken skewers!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- YUMMY FLAVOURS: Imagine the taste of tangy and a little bit of spicy chicken. The same taste is made by mixing lemon and pepper with chicken. While eating these amazing air fryer lemon pepper chicken, it’s a delight for our taste buds.
- EFFORTLESS AND QUICK: There is no need to be a proper chef to make this recipe, anyone can make it easily. The wait for food is a big challenge. It can be prepared in a short time with mouthwatering flavors.
- NO FUSS, LESS MESS: You will not have too much mess in the kitchen while making these skewers. It only requires a few ingredients to mix and the air fryer basket to cook. Fewer dishes to clean means more time to enjoy your meal.
- Good for Snacking or Dinner: These lemon pepper chicken skewers in air fryer are versatile. They can be enjoyed while playing a game or watching a movie, as well as, it can be served as a main course in dinner with rice and veggies.
INSTRUCTION TO MAKE AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN SKEWERS
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Chicken: You’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs. These will be cut into small cubes, bite-sized pieces.
- Lemons: You’ll need fresh lemons for their zest (the outer, flavorful part of the peel) and juice. Zesting means grating the colorful part of the peel without getting the white pith, which can be bitter.
- Black Pepper: You’ll need roughly ground black pepper that adds a nice kick. You can adjust it according to your preference for spiciness.
- Salt: You’ll need just a pinch or as per your taste.
- Olive Oil: You’ll need a little drizzle of olive oil which helps the marinade stick to the chicken and adds a hint of richness.
- Paprika: You’ll need sweet or smoked paprika. Sweet paprika has a milder flavor while smoked paprika has a smoky, slightly spicy taste
- Butter: You’ll need a small cube of butter.
- Skewers: Wooden or metal, both would work well. Just remember, if you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes before use to prevent burning.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN SKEWERS: STEP BY STEP
STEP 1: PREPARE THE MARINADE
Cut the chicken into evenly sized pieces and place them in a mixing bowl. Zest the lemons into the bowl with the chicken, squeeze their juice, add coarsely ground black pepper, a pinch of salt, and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix everything until the chicken is coated. Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
STEP 2: LEMON PEPPER BUTTER
In a medium-sized bowl mix the softened butter, salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, and paprika until fully combined.
STEP 3: SKEWER THE CHICKEN
While using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
Take the marinated chicken pieces and thread them onto the skewers evenly, leaving a space between each piece.
STEP 4: PREHEAT THE AIR FRYER
Set the air fryer to 360°F (180°C) and let it preheat for about 5 minutes while you finish skewering the chicken. If you are looking for similar air fryer recipes go check 25 Simple Air Fryer Meals For Easy Dinners.
STEP 5: AIR FRYING
Once preheated, arrange the Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure they aren’t overcrowded.
Air fry the skewers for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
Ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to be fully cooked. You can also use a meat thermometer.
STEP 6: SERVING
Carefully remove the skewers from the air fryer once they’re done cooking. Let them rest for a minute before serving. Brush the skewers with lemon pepper butter and serve immediately.
It makes a perfect appetizer for a party or a family get-together. If you want similar appetizer recipes go check 20 Amazing Appetizers For Pizza Party.
Once the air fryer is preheated, carefully place the skewers in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Set the cooking temperature to 360°F (180°C) again if it reset after preheating. This temperature is optimal for cooking the chicken thoroughly while achieving a crispy exterior.
Keep an eye on the Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers while they cook. Around halfway through the cooking time (usually after 5-6 minutes), gently flip the skewers using tongs. Flipping helps ensure even cooking and browning on all sides.
Check the chicken’s internal temperature using a digital thermometer. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s fully cooked and safe to eat. This temperature guideline is crucial for food safety.
- Garlic Infusion: If you are a garlic lover you can use minced garlic or garlic powder. Garlic pairs wonderfully with lemon and pepper.
- Chili Flakes or Hot Sauce: For spice enthusiasts, a sprinkle of chili flakes or a dash of hot sauce can add spiciness to the chicken skewers. Adjust the amount according to your heat preference.
- Honey Drizzle: For sweetness, consider drizzling a bit of honey over the skewers during the last few minutes of air frying. This addition balances the tangy flavors and adds a delightful caramelized finish.
STORAGE AND REHEATING
To store any leftovers, place the skewers in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. You can store them in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
For reheating you can air fry them for about 5-6 minutes until they are warm
- You must soak the wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes before threading the chicken on it.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket, consider frying them in batches.
- Cut the chicken into evenly sized pieces to ensure that they cook properly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use chicken thighs instead of breasts?
Yes, chicken thighs work great! They add a bit more juiciness and flavor to the skewers.
Do I need to flip the skewers while air frying?
Flipping the skewers halfway through helps them cook evenly and get that perfect golden color on all sides.
Can I make these skewers ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can marinate the chicken in advance and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to air fry for a quick meal.
Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh lemons?
While fresh lemon juice provides the best flavor, bottled lemon juice can be used as a substitute if that’s what you have on hand. Adjust the quantity to taste.
Can I double the recipe?
Absolutely! Just make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if needed to ensure even cooking.
Can I cook these Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers in an oven instead of an air fryer?
Yes, you can! Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and bake the skewers on a lined baking sheet for about 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers
- Wooden skewers
- 2 lb Boneless, skinlesschicken breasts or thighs
- 2 Fresh lemons
- 2 tsp coarsely ground blackpepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cube butter
- Marinade Preparation:Mix with chicken, pepper, salt, and olive oil. Marinate for 20-30 mins.
- Lemon Pepper Butter:Mix the lemon juice, zest, paprika, softened butter until fully
- Skewering:Thread marinated chicken onto skewers. Leave some space between each.
- Preheat Air Fryer: Preheatto 360°F (180°C) for 5 mins.
- AirFrying: Cook skewers for 10-12 mins, flipping halfway until chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Serving: Enjoy these flavorful skewers as a snack or paired with sides for a meal. Once cooked, brush the lemon pepper butter evenly.
Making these chicken skewers in the air fryer is super fun and tasty! Their outer is crispy while full of juiciness in meat, with a tangy lemon and spicy pepper flavor that makes them so delicious. You can enjoy them alone or with your favorite sides. It’s a simple recipe that brings big flavors to your plate. Give it a try and enjoy these yummy skewers with your friends and family!”