Looking for the taste of classic Peanut Butter Cookies try only 3 ingredient Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies. These peanut butter air fryer cookies are just as tasty as regular peanut butter cookies, but making them is easier.
With only 3 ingredients, you’ll bake the perfect cookie that’s a bit crispy outside and soft and chewy inside. These 3-ingredient cookies in air fryer redefine simplicity in baking, promising a delightful outcome with minimal effort.
These peanut butter air fryer cookies can be made by just using peanut butter, sugar, and an egg. Baking looks difficult when we think about the huge list of ingredients and long waiting times but this recipe can be quickly prepared by the use of an air fryer.
This recipe makes 10-12 cookies and is a quick way to make delicious peanut butter cookies. In an air fryer, you can make small batches as the fryer baskets usually fit around 4-6 cookies at once depending on their size.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Effortlessness: The beauty of these air fryer 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies lies in their simplicity. It needs just three basic ingredients that transform into chewy, peanut-buttery goodness.
- Time-Saving Solution: These peanut butter air fryer cookies are time-saving solution because these cookies come together swiftly—perfect for sudden sweet cravings or last-minute gatherings.
- Customization: 3 ingredient cookies in air fryer are highly customizable. You can add chocolate chips, nuts, or a sprinkle of sea salt for a twist.
- Health-Conscious Option: These 3-ingredient air fryer peanut butter cookies provide a healthier option. This is a gluten-free plus low-carb treat without compromising on the taste.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE 3 INGREDIENT AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- Peanut Butter: You will need 1 cup of peanut butter for creamy or crunchy, based on preference.
- Granulated Sugar: You will need 1/2 cup of white sugar. Feel free to substitute with alternatives like honey or maple syrup for a different taste profile.
- Egg: You will need one large egg, this helps bind the cookies together.
HOW TO MAKE 3-INGREDIENT AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES: STEP BY STEP
Step 1: Preheat the Air Fryer
Set your air fryer to preheat at 350°F (175°C). This ensures the right temperature for baking the cookies evenly.
Step 2: Prepare the Dough
In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 large egg. Use a spatula or a hand mixer to blend the ingredients until a smooth, consistent dough forms.
Ensure there are no streaks of unmixed peanut butter.
Place the peanut butter cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
Remember: Chilling the dough is essential for better cookies. It helps them keep their shape and prevents them from becoming crumbly while cooking in the air fryer.
Step 3: Shape the Cookies
Scoop out tablespoon-sized portions of the dough and roll them into balls. Place these dough balls on a parchment-lined tray.
Consider flattening them slightly with the palm of your hand or a fork for even cooking. Press the fork onto the dough once, then repeat in the opposite direction to create a crisscross pattern on top.
This flattens the cookies and adds those distinctive fork marks that are famous for peanut butter cookies.
Step 4: Bake in the Air Fryer
Carefully place the tray with the cookie dough balls into the preheated air fryer. Cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on your air fryer’s model and the desired level of doneness. Keep an eye on the cookies toward the end of the cooking time to avoid over-browning.
Step 5: Cool and Enjoy
Once baked, remove the cookies from the air fryer and allow them to cool on a wire rack for at least 5-10 minutes.
This resting period helps them set and achieve the desired texture. Repeat until you’ve made all your air fryer peanut butter cookies!
Serve warm or store in an airtight container once completely cooled.
Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for approximately 5 minutes, ensuring a consistent and even baking temperature.
Confirm the accuracy of your air fryer’s settings according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Maintain the stability of the heat by minimizing the air fryer openings during baking to achieve uniform cooking.
At the midpoint, consider rotating the tray for even heat distribution. Watch for visual cues—golden-brown edges and slightly soft centers—indicating the cookies are done.
Understanding your air fryer’s behavior allows for adjustments in cooking times or temperatures to achieve the desired 3-ingredient air fryer peanut butter cookies consistency and prevent over-browning.
- Ensure the peanut butter is well-mixed with the sugar and egg for uniform cookies.
- Give the cookies enough room on the tray to prevent sticking together during baking.
- Keep an eye on the cookies toward the end of the cooking time to avoid over-browning.
- Space the cookie dough evenly on the tray to allow for proper air circulation and ensure consistent baking.
- Maintain consistent cookie sizes for even baking results in your air fryer
STORAGE & REHEATING:
Store these 3-ingredient air fryer peanut butter cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
To reheat, a quick warm-up in the air fryer for a few minutes should restore their freshness.
Chocolate Chips: Fold in a handful of chocolate chips into the dough for a delightful chocolate-peanut butter combo.
Chopped Nuts: You can sprinkle some crushed nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pecans on top before baking to add texture and nutty flavors.
Vanilla Extract: You can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the dough for an extra layer of flavor complexity.
Coconut Flakes: You can sprinkle some coconut flakes over the cookies before baking for a tropical touch.
Fruit Jam: Make a thumbprint in each cookie and fill it with a dollop of your favorite fruit jam for a fruity surprise.
HOW TO SERVE:
Enjoy these 3-ingredient air fryer peanut butter cookies warm with a glass of milk for a classic pairing.
You can sandwich them with your favorite ice cream for a delightful dessert experience.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use natural peanut butter?
Yes, natural peanut butter can be used, but it might affect the texture slightly due to varying oil content. Adjustments in the recipe might be needed for consistency.
Can I substitute sugar with a healthier alternative?
Yes, you can use alternatives like honey, maple syrup, or artificial sweeteners, but note that it might alter the texture and taste of the cookies.
Do I need to grease the air fryer tray?
It’s generally unnecessary to grease the tray as peanut butter contains natural oils that prevent sticking. However, lining the tray with parchment paper can ease the cleanup process.
Why did my cookies turn out too crumbly?
The crumbliness might be due to over mixing the dough or using too much peanut butter. Ensure a proper balance in ingredients and avoid over mixing for better consistency.
Can I freeze the cookie dough for later use?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough by shaping it into balls and placing them on a tray. Once frozen, transfer the dough balls to a freezer bag. Bake directly from frozen, adjusting the cooking time if needed.
Can I store these cookies long-term?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer storage, freezing the baked cookies and thawing before consumption is recommended.
3-Ingredient Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- Air Fryer
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula or hand mixer
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Set the air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for 5 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Prepare the Dough: Combine peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a mixing bowl. Blend until a smooth dough forms.
- Refrigerate Dough: Place the peanut butter cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.Remember: Chilling the dough is essential for better cookies. It helps them keep their shape and prevents them from becoming crumbly while cooking in the air fryer.
- Shape the Cookies: Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough, roll into balls, and place on a parchment-lined tray. Consider flattening them slightly with the palm of your hand or a fork for even cooking. Press the fork onto the dough once, then repeat in the opposite direction to create a crisscross pattern on top.This flattens the cookies and adds those distinctive fork marks that are famous for peanut butter cookies.
- Bake in the Air Fryer: Line air fryer basket with parchment paper. Place cookies in air fryer tray basket a nd carefully put the basket in the preheated air fryer. Bake for 8-10 minutes, adjusting based on desired doneness
- Cool and Serve: Once baked, remove the cookies from the air fryer and allow them to cool on a wire rack for at least 5-10 minutes.This resting period helps them set and achieve the desired texture. Repeat until you’ve made all your air fryer peanut butter cookies!Serve warm or store in an airtight container once completely cooled.