These 3 Ingredient Air Fryer Cookies are one of the most minimalistic recipes. Imagine that 3 basic ingredients that are mostly available in everyone’s kitchen can be transformed into warm, golden treats that bring joy with every bite.
You don’t need a long list of ingredients to make something yummy. These effortless 3 Ingredient Air Fryer Cookies can be prepared with just flour, powdered sugar, and butter.
During busy days, baking is not a good option but by the use of air fryer these cookies can be made easily in a few minutes.
Air fryer shortbread cookies are highly customizable. You can add chocolate chips, nuts, or a sprinkle of spices—whatever you like!
These butter cookies in air fryer are perfect for those sudden cravings or when you want to share some homemade happiness with your favorite people.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Efficiency Meets Flavor: Although these easy air fryer sugar cookies are simple, this simplicity does not compromise their taste. You’ll be amazed by how such basic ingredients can culminate in such a mouth-watering treat.
- Instant Gratification: These 3 Ingredient Air Fryer Cookies can save you from unexpected guests or sudden late night carvings. Within minutes, you’ll have warm, freshly baked air fryer butter cookies ready to be served.
- Versatile: While the base recipe requires only three ingredients, you can add your personal touch with variations like chocolate chips, nuts, or a sprinkle of sea salt for an elevated taste.
- Air Fryer Magic: Experience the magic of the air fryer! It’s a convenient and energy-efficient alternative to the oven. It also saves you important time, giving your cookies that perfect crunch and golden hue.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE 3 INGREDIENT AIR FRYER COOKIES
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- All-Purpose Flour: You will need 1.¼ cups of all-purpose flour which acts as a base for the cookies, giving them structure and texture.
- Powdered Sugar: You will need ½ cup powdered sugar that adds sweetness and tenderness to the cookie dough.
- Butter: You will need 7 tablespoons of butter which adds richness and flavor to the 3 Ingredient Air Fryer Cookies, creating that delightful melt-in-your-mouth quality.
Optional: You can add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to enhance the overall flavor profile with its aromatic touch.
HOW TO MAKE 3-INGREDIENT AIR FRYER COOKIES: STEP BY STEP
Step 1: Combine Butter and Powdered Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, place the softened butter and powdered sugar.
- Use a spatula or hand mixer to cream them together until smooth and fluffy.
Step 2: Add All-Purpose Flour
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Mix until the ingredients come together, forming a crumbly dough.
Step 3: Shape the Dough
- Gather the dough and shape it into a log form, ensuring it’s compact and well-formed. You have the choice to roll it into either a circular or square form based on your preference.
- Wrap the log tightly in parchment paper or plastic wrap.
Step 4: Chill and Preheat Air Fryer
- Refrigerate the wrapped dough log for about 30 minutes to firm it up.
- Meanwhile, preheat your air fryer to 320°F (160°C).
Step 5: Slice and Air Fry
- Unwrap the chilled dough log and cut it into 1 cm thick pieces using a sharp knife.
- Arrange the cookie slices on the air fryer basket, leaving space between each slice for even cooking.
Step 6: Air Fry to Golden Perfection
- Place the basket in the preheated air fryer and cook the cookies at 320°F (160°C) for 8-10 minutes.
- Check for a golden brown color and a slightly crispy texture before removing them.
Preheat your air fryer to 320°F (160°C) before placing the cookies inside. This temperature ensures a gentle yet effective bake, allowing the cookies to cook through evenly without becoming too browned on the outside.
Keep an eye on the 3 Ingredient Air Fryer Cookies as they bake; the air fryer’s heat circulation may vary. Aim for a baking time of 8-10 minutes to achieve that ideal golden hue and a slightly crispy exterior while maintaining a soft interior.
Adjust the time based on your air fryer’s nuances and your desired level of doneness.
- Ensure the butter is cold and cut into small pieces for a crumbly yet cohesive dough.
- Keep an eye on the cookies as air fryers might vary in baking time. Adjust accordingly for your desired doneness.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket to allow proper airflow, resulting in evenly baked cookies.
- Ensure your butter is softened but not overly melted.
- Use a measuring cup specifically designed for dry ingredients and level off the excess flour for accurate measuring.
STORAGE & REHEATING:
- Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- To reheat, pop them in the air fryer for a couple of minutes for that freshly baked taste.
Chocolate Chips: If you are a chocolate lover, you can sprinkle in a handful of chocolate chips for bursts of gooey goodness within the cookies. They melt beautifully, adding a delightful chocolaty surprise to each bite.
Chopped Nuts: You can add chopped nuts like walnuts, pecans, or almonds for a satisfying crunch and an extra layer of flavor. Mix them into the dough for a nutty twist.
Citrus Zest: Use grated lemon or orange zest for a refreshing citrusy kick. It brightens up the cookies with a subtle tangy note that complements the sweetness.
Spices: If you are a spice lover, experiment with a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom for a cozy and aromatic touch. These spices infuse the cookies with warm and comforting flavors.
HOW TO SERVE
- Serve them alongside your favorite beverages for a cozy and enjoyable treat.
- Pair these warm, freshly baked cookies with a steaming cup of your preferred tea, coffee, or hot cocoa.
- For an extra special treat, serve these cookies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- You can also sandwich together with a dollop of whipped cream for a delicious homemade dessert.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted for these cookies?
Yes, you can use salted butter, but it might slightly alter the overall taste. Adjust the amount of added salt accordingly or omit it if using salted butter
Why did my cookies turn out too dry or crumbly?
Dry cookies can result from over mixing the dough or using too much flour. Ensure precise measurements and mix the ingredients until just combined to avoid dryness.
Can I refrigerate the cookie dough overnight?
Yes, refrigerating the dough overnight can enhance the flavors. Wrap it tightly and let it sit in the refrigerator; when ready to bake, let it sit at room temperature briefly before slicing and air frying.
My air fryer temperature settings are different; how should I adjust the baking time?
If your air fryer has different temperature settings, adjust the cooking time accordingly. Monitor the cookies closely as they bake and adjust the time as needed for your desired level of doneness.
Can I freeze these cookies after baking?
Yes, you can freeze the baked cookies in an airtight container for up to a month. Thaw them at room temperature or reheat them briefly in the air fryer before serving.
How can I prevent the cookies from spreading too much during baking?
Chilling the dough helps control spreading. Ensure the dough is firm before slicing, and place the cookies with enough space between them in the air fryer basket for even cooking.
3 Ingredient Air Fryer Cookies
- 1 Air Fryer
- Mixing bowl
- 1.1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 7 tbsp Butter
- Step 1: Cream Butter and Sugar: In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Step 2: Gradually Add Flour:Slowly add all-purpose flour into the butter-sugar mixture, mixing until a cohesive dough forms.
- Step 3: Shape and Chill Dough: Shape the dough into a log, wrap it in parchment paper,and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Step 4: Preheat Air Fryer:Preheat the air fryer to 320°F (160°C) for baking thecookies.
- Step 5: Slice and Bake: Remove the chilled dough log and slice it into 1 cm thick pieces. Place the cookie slices in the air fryer basket, ensuring adequate space between each for even cooking.
- Step 6: Air Fry and Serve: Air fry the cookies at 320°F (160°C) for 8-10 minutes until they achieve a golden-brown color. Once baked, let the cookies cool slightly before serving to achieve the perfect texture and flavor.
- Calories: 120 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 1g